Thursday 1 January 2015

New beginnings - "Death is nothing at all"



Death is nothing at all.

I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, 
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight? 

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.



Henry Scott Holland


Although written for the Christian faith, this sentiment is not only shared and believed by all faiths but now backed up even by science and NASA itself - look for the Afterlife video via NASA to find out more from them if you like science. 'Something' happens, but life never stops. Atoms always get reused to rebuild and start new life and most scientists now concede there's something that remains of each and every life spirit (soul) in some sense. 


So, midway in the second decade of the 21st century... death itself really is nothing at all. 



We hope that helps all toward a much happier New Year for 2015 and a far more peaceful future beyond. Most of all of course, our thoughts are with those most recently bereaved.

"We will remember them, through our deeds to honour, cherish, respect you
to keep the peace you and every individual, so richly deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to threatening behaviour, comments are now for members only.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.